WICKLOW MUN Charter
The support team for the organising committee will consist of five teachers - if a member of the support team decides to leave, he or she has to find a successor.
The committee will consist of eight executive posts - Secretary General, Deputy-Secretary General, Conference Manager, Deputy-Conference Manager, Head of Administrative Staff, Deputy Head of Administrative Staff, Head of Press, Deputy Head of Press. The students in deputy positions will automatically be promoted to the senior position for the following year.
Responsibilities of Secretary General:
- The Secretary General is the President of the Executive Committee
- The Secretary General cooperates and works together with the Deputy Secretary General at all times in all matters.
- Meetings will be organised by the Secretary General.
- The Secretary General should monitor the individual members, but also the staff as a whole and should set up systems for this task.
- If a Staff member is not actively participating or performing their duties, the Secretary General needs to ask teacher support group for advice and if necessary replace this member, but only after further consultation with the teachers and attempts to resolve the situation.
- The agenda is finalised by the Secretary General sixty days before the conference starts and distributed to everyone at least thirty days before the event.
- Guest speakers need to be organised and informed of arrangements by the Secretary General.
- The Secretary General will act in accordance with the Wicklow MUN charter at all times.
Responsibilities of Deputy Secretary General:
- The Deputy Secretary General is the Vice-President of the Executive Committee.
- The Deputy Secretary General cooperates and works together with the Secretary Generals at all times in all matters.
- If the Secretary General cannot be present at a regular meeting, the Deputy Secretary General will lead the meeting with the same rights as the Secretary General.
- The Deputy Secretary General should assist the Secretary General in any tasks as requested by the Secretary General.
- The Deputy Secretary General will act in accordance with the Wicklow MUN charter at all times.
Responsibilities of Conference Manager and Deputy Conference Manager:
- Technical and organizational tasks of the conference.
- Logistics - the Conference Manager plans the logistics for the conference and develops the conference plan.
- Provides information about the technical aspects of the conference
- Work on developing a conference ambiance in the school facilities through flags, ensuring the delegates are named after their country etc...
- The Conference Manager and Deputy Conference Manager will act in accordance with the Wicklow MUN charter at all times.
Responsibilities of Head of Administrative Staff and Deputy Head of Administrative Staff:
- Register all delegates and teachers as they arrive at the conference and provide any information they need
- Lead a team organising the rooms and the debates
- Ensure all delegates have cameras on throughout the day and are named correctly with country flag behind them
- The Head of Administrative Staff and Deputy Head of Administrative Staff will act in accordance with the Wicklow MUN charter at all times.
Responsibilities of Head of Press and the Deputy Head of Press:
- Leas a team responsible for having a media presence throughout the conference and developing a newsletter as a souvenir.
- The Head of Press and Deputy Head of Press will act in accordance with the Wicklow MUN charter at all times.