We will have a press team working throughout the conference. The press team moves around and watches out for interesting news stories. It produces a souvenir highlights film of Wicklow MUN and a newspaper reporting on resolutions discussed, heated debates, interesting notes handed over by the admin. staff etc...
The newspaper will be published electronically at the end of the day - it will contain articles about what has been happening around the conference and other features to keep people talking.
- to produce media content prior to the conference
- to document and publicise events during the conference (e.g. social evening, declamation contest)
- to produce a newspaper during the conference reporting on the interesting discussions taking place (political analysis)
- to write articles and take photos for the daily newspaper
- to organise media content for the opening ceremony
- to work on a video for the closing ceremony and for a souvenir after the conference
The Press Team students should be interested in:
- Film Production
- Social Media
Importance of Press Team Role:
- the press team adds a strong democratic feel to the conference
- press team reporters watch out for any errors made by delegates or chairs and report any scandals and incidents (dramatically of course)
- team leaders will delegate members to organise the printing and collection of newspapers
- everyone on the team is responsible to help with the deadline for the newspaper every day at 15.00 – all members need to work together to get any last minute work done and hand out the newspapers on time
- being a journalist is all about chasing the headlines and working out a plan for your edition - what features do you want to include in your newspaper?